Some More Tips:
Essay's as explained in tips are a vital part of selection process in Bschool.
Some more tips are given through examples:
1.Expressing yourself in positive language
2. Use paragraphs and connect those paragraphs using words like later, furthermore, additionally, or moreover; If you are writing about Topic A and now want to discuss Topic B, you can begin the new paragraph with a transition such as "Like (or unlike) Topic A, Topic B..."
3. Vary your sentence structure. It's boring to see subject, verb, object all the time. Mix simple, complex, and compound sentences.
4. Understand the words you write. You write to communicate, not to impress the admissions staff with your vocabulary. When you choose a word that means something other than what you intend, you neither communicate nor impress. You do convey the wrong message or convince the admissions officer that you are inarticulate.
5. Be succinct.and avoid qualifiers such as rather, quite, somewhat, probably, possibly, etc.
and always use the active voice as it is more precise and less wordlier.
1996 There is no right way of doing a wrong thing.
1997 "By the third or fourth week of the term, business school had succeeded in afflicting me with a variation of the Stockholm syndrome, named after the incident in which a hostage in a Stockholm bank robbery fell in love with one of her captors." (Peter Robinson in Snapshots from Hell : The making of an MBA)
1998 Max Weber, a German Sociologist, defined state as an entity that has a monopoly over legal violence. India proves that the converse is also true; if criminals cannot be punished by the law, its effect they become the state. (The Economist September 27, 1997)
1999 "Television really is, another eye so you can sec anywhere, another part of
your heart so you can feel and care about things you never felt and cared
about before, another ear to hear strange music .... The first and only
2000 Ships are safer in the harbour. But they are not meant for the same.
2001 “EC0l]OII`1lC Growth without distributive justice can only lead to violence
2002 "Indian Economy in the Post WTO Era."
2003 To give real service, one needs to add something that cannot be bought or
measured, like sincerity and integrity.
2004 Asked at the age of 83, as to which of his project would he choose as his
master piece, Frank Lloyd wright, the architect answered, "The next one”
2005 More than o11e billion Indians: A gigantic problem or a sea of opportunities.
2006 India has one of the largest pool of talented manpower but few innovations and patented products.
2007 Economic growth without environmental damage – a mirage or a reality
2008 Gender Imbalance would lead to Third World War
Read Our Article on What could have been been written on these topic>>
*Balance between professional and family life(2005)
* Coalition governments and their impact on the country.(2008)
* National rural employment scheme is a step in right direction for rural development.(2008)
* Globalization and the Indian value system.(2008)
*The implication of the change in US presidency for India (2009)
*Ramifications of change in US presidency on India(2009)